Monday 20 May 2013

Work Placement in DED

In my College, Dubai Women’s College (DWC), we as students have to work in some companies before we graduate so that we know the type of work that we will do later . All students have to work in a department that is similar to their major. 

The company which I had the chance to do my work placement in is a Department of Economic Development (DED). As an accounting student, I started to work in the accounting department in DED. DED was established in March 1992. It is directed by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice president & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. 

I enjoyed working their a lot, the employees were very friendly and nice, I felt that I am part of them and that I knew them for a very long time.Working their helped me a lot during my work experience. It gave me an idea about the kind of work that I would do in future. 

Moreover, the employees their were understanding of the importance of this opportunity to me as a student and as a future employee. They gave me some of their time and explain their work. They did not only explain to me but, I had the opportunity to do some of their work.

I really advise the students to have their work experience in DED, they will learn lots of things. Moreover, the environment there is very welcoming, the students will not feel that they are not welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment